Ski & Snowboarding Travel Insurance
● Off Piste ● Tobogganing ● Skidooing ● Local Ski Racing ●
We like to ensure that all our customers have the correct cover in place, so we introduce you to MPI Brokers, who provide the level of cover we expect in a good Insurance policy at competitive prices.
Below are a few key features of the policy and services provided by MPI and full details are contained on their website. In order to be covered for cancellation it is advisable to do this at the time of booking your trips.
Make sure the policy you choose provides cover for the activities you are planning to do.
Some Key features:
- Off Piste – with or without a guide
- Mountain Rescue – Including rescue by helicopter
- Other Wintersports Activities – Skidooing, Tobogganing, Local Ski Racing etc.
- Personal Liability – Injuring other skiers, ski leading
- Family policies – discounted rates
- 24-hour Emergency Assistance – up to £5,000,000
Plus all usual Travel Insurance cover, please see policy wording (via the web link below) for more details.
Many skiers travel abroad without insurance or inadequate cover – don’t be one of them!
To get an online discount and quick quote please click on the link below:-
PT Ski Ltd. is an Introducer of Michael Pettifer Insurance Brokers Ltd trading as MPI Brokers, who are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. PT Ski Ltd. do not advise on any Insurance Products.
PT Ski Ltd is proud to be a member of the Association of Independent Tour Operators (AITO), an organisation representing over 140 of Britain’s best specialist tour operators.
AITO members are independent companies, most of them owner-managed, specialising in particular destinations or types of holiday; this means that they are uniquely placed to provide personalised advice based on first hand experience. Every AITO member is passionate about its chosen destinations or activities and keen to share that enthusiasm with discerning holidaymakers.
AITO members aim to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction in terms of Choice, Quality and Service. Every AITO holiday is backed not only by AITO’s Quality Charter but also by full financial protection arranged for by the member.
AITO Quality Charter
Our Consumer Promise
AITO is the Association for independently run, specialist holiday companies. Our member companies, usually owner-managed, strive to create holidays with high levels of professionalism and a shared concern for quality and personal service. The Association encourages the highest standards in all aspects of tour operating.
AITO sets criteria regarding ownership, finance and quality which must be satisfied before new companies are admitted to membership. All members are required to adhere to a Code of Business Practice which encourages high operational standards and conduct.
An AITO member is required to arrange financial protection for all holidays booked by customers with the member under the AITO logo. This financial protection applies to customers who are resident in the UK at the time of booking and to most overseas customers who have booked directly with the member. In doing so, the member must comply with UK Government regulations. Members are required to submit details of their financial protection arrangements to AITO on a regular basis. It must be clear to consumers that the financial protection is provided by the operator, not AITO.
Accurate Brochures and Web Sites
All members do their utmost to ensure that all their brochures and other publications, print or electronic, clearly and accurately describe the holidays and services offered.
Professional Service and Continual Improvements
All members are committed to high standards of service and believe in regular and thorough training of employees. Members continually seek to review and improve their holidays. They listen to their customers and always welcome suggestions for improving standards.
AITO endeavours to monitor quality standards regularly. All customers should be directed to leave feedback on AITO.com, the results of which are scrutinised by the Association.
All members acknowledge the importance of AITO’s Sustainable Tourism ethos, which recognise the social, economic and environmental responsibilities of tour operating.
All members endeavour to deal swiftly and fairly with any issues their customers may raise. In the unlikely event that a dispute between an AITO member and a customer cannot be settled amicably, either party can call upon a low-cost arbitration service to bring the matter to a speedy and acceptable conclusion.
Further details of AITO can be found at www.aito.com.
Our brochure and website are designed to give you an idea of the range of skiing holiday possibilities we can offer in Klosters. Once you have a rough idea of what you are after you should call us on 02077365557 so we can discuss your travel plans in detail, make suggestions and answer any queries you may have. Alternatively you can e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will then prepare a detailed proposition for you to consider, which will be tailored to your exact requirements. We would be delighted to go through this with you and answer any further queries you might have, or indeed explore further options.
PT Ski holidays are bespoke to each customer and quoted on an individual basis. Unless specified otherwise on your quotation, prices include the following:
- Half board accommodation (bed, breakfast and dinner)
- All local taxes
- PT Ski service in Klosters, including ski hosting if eligible.
- Complimentary transfer to and from Zurich Airport by a PT Ski minibus, luxury coach or taxi
The price does not include:
- Hotel extras such as wine at dinner, drinks at the bar and spa treatments
- Ski passes
- Ski and boot rental
- Additional transfers
- Cost of kids courses
- Any other item not specified above or on the booking confirmation
Booking and booking confirmation
Once you are satisfied and are ready to proceed, you will need to pay a deposit (typically £250 per person) and complete a Booking Form, at which point we will confirm the chosen accommodation for your holiday. Once this has been done, we will issue you with a Booking Confirmation which will confirm your booking.
PT Ski will always be happy to discuss flights but do not arrange them on behalf of its customers. The closest airport to Klosters is Zurich and we always suggest that our guests book their flights as early as possible to get the best rates and choice of departure times.
Final payment must be made at least 8 weeks prior to your departure date. If you book your holiday within 8 weeks of the commencement of your holiday then full payment will be required at the time of booking.
Approximately 3-4 weeks prior to your holiday we will get in touch with you to make any final detailed arrangements for your trip, such as ski tuition, off piste guiding or spa/massage treatments. Once all these have been done we will issue you with a comprehensive itinerary detailing all the aspects of your trip.
As a member of the Association of Independent Tour Operators (AITO) your holiday and your money are protected by the highest standards of consumer protection.
The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 for PT Ski Ltd (member number 5310), and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following:
- non-flight packages
ABTOT cover provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled or repatriation if transportation was included in your package. Please note that bookings made outside the UK are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with PT Ski.
In the unlikely event that you require assistance whilst abroad due to our financial failure, please call our 24/7 helpline on 01702 811397 and advise you are a customer of an ABTOT protected travel company.
You can access the The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2018/9780111168479/contents
The health of the environment is of concern to everyone and we at PT Ski take our responsibilities seriously with a commitment to sustainable tourism that does its best to conserve and protect the world’s resources.
In Klosters, we operate in one of the most picturesque parts of the Alps and we endeavour to operate in an environmentally aware and sustainable manner to contribute to the protection and enhancement of this beautiful area and community.
We continually look at the environmental impact of the way in which we operate our daily activities. We are committed to eliminating our use of single use plastic both in the office and with our guests in Klosters, and supplement this by educating our younger guests with the provision of reusable water bottles and other plastic awareness substitutes. Additionally we have put procedures into place to reduce our waste and to use environmentally friendly products and recycled paper in our day to day lives wherever possible.
Benefitting the local community:
- The accommodation that we use are for the most part locally run, family owned hotels.
- We encourage our guests to try the local restaurants both up the mountain and in the village, many of which serve traditional, regional fare. We also encourage our guests to try the local wines (which are actually very good).
- Through our kids courses and off piste weekends we are very supportive of a local ski school who provide all of our instructors. Where our guests require ski lessons or guides, we will always use the local ski school and employ local guides.
- We are (modest) investors in the Madrisa ski area which is the only mountain exclusive to Klosters, the modernisation of which is deemed essential to its ongoing viability.
- We are supportive of the wildlife protection initiative which has been in place now for many years whereby certain area of the mountain have been designated off limits to skiers.
Carbon footprint and Climatecare:
Fly as a family of 4 on a return trip to Switzerland and you are responsible for over one and a half tonnes of aviation emissions of carbon dioxide gas. Considering the number of the flights in the air at any one time this soon adds up. To help reduce the effects on climate change the Climate Care Trust has been established. Funding projects that reduce CO2 levels in the atmosphere, Climate Care’s aim is to make your flight ‘climate neutral’. For more details or to make a donation please log on to their website at www.climatecare.org. PT Ski are committed to having a zero carbon footprint and offset all their staff flights, all vehicle usage in Switzerland including guest transfers and all driving between the UK and Switzerland.
We are aware that winter sports is not (on the face of it) a carbon friendly activity given the electricity required to run the lift system and make artificial snow, as well as the fuel consumed by all the piste machines that prepare the slopes. It is encouraging to see the steps the industry is taking generally to make itself more environmentally friendly, especially in Graubunden which in the canton in which we operate, and for more information please see our blog article Ski Green.
For more information about AITO’s guidelines for sustainable tourism please visit http://www.aito.com/sustainable-tourism/guidelines.
PT Ski is proud to be a supporter of SnowCamp. Their mission is to engage young people through skiing and snowboarding to provide life-skills training and mental health support, while enabling them to gain qualifications and employment in the snowsports industry and beyond. Founder of the charity, Dan Charlish, realised that snowsports could be the mechanism to bring about positive social change for young people. The shift from inner-city estate to the mountain environment was so extreme, that in itself created a response in young people, widening their horizons and raising their aspirations.
The SnowCamp programs range from introducing inner city youths to snowsports in a “First Tracks” taster session, to supporting young people who wish to pursue a career in the snowsport industry through their Excel and Apprenticeship programs, and helping them attain their Level 1 ski instructor qualification (which includes a 1 week residential trip to the mountains to finish). PT Ski has funds 1 young person annually (since 2019) through the Excel program, and to mark our 10th anniversary James P-T has set himself the goal of raising sufficient funds to put 10 young people through the program in a Lake District cycle ride with friends in June 2021 (in fact they raised considerably more than that).
PT Ski is pleased to support Supporting Wounded Veterans (SWV). This charity guides ex service men and women who have suffered permanent injury from serving in the armed forces back in to meaning occupation through its jobs and mentoring scheme. The start of this process has up until recently involved a week of adaptive skiing in Klosters, but the charity is now expanding to include other activity based programs such as sailing. The purpose of the skiing (or other activity) is not only to help them with their physical and mental rehabilitation, but also to start building a strong relationship between the veterans and the charity.
One of the biggest obstacles to employment is the management of pain and one of the charity’s key initiatives is the creation of a pain clinic in London. Indeed the Charity has discovered that too often veterans involved with SWV turn out to be on medication which is no longer suitable for their stage of recovery. It is an urgent mission of SWV to raise enough funds to pay for the ongoing running of the Pain Clinic, something which will have far reaching benefits not just for veterans on the SWV program, but many others in their difficult situation.
To find out more about this good cause please click here and you will be directed to the Supporting Wounded Veterans website.
- Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
- There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Travellers are given an emergency number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or travel agent.
- Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance fuel prices), and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
- Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction or compensation for damages or both where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
- If the organiser or the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. PT Ski Ltd has taken out insolvency protection with the Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Ltd (ABTOT). Travellers may contact ABTOT on their 24/7 helpline on 01702811397 if services are denied because of PT Ski’s insolvency; please state that you are a customer of an ABTOT protected travel company.