SILVRETTA SKI SAFARI
Dates: Saturday 6th – Wednesday 10th April 2024
Price: £1825 (based on two people sharing for 1 night at the Silvretta Parkhotel (or equivalent) B&B and 3 nights dormitory accommodation in mountain huts including breakfast and dinner. Does not include flights, dinner on first night, lunches, ski passes (where required) or hut/hotel extras
The Silvretta region is remote, stunning and one of the best (and most under rated) places you can tour in the Alps. The PT Ski Silvretta Safari is a 4 day ski tour into this wild and beautiful part of the Alps. The mountain huts you will stay in are lovely, in particularly the Silvretta Hutte and the scenery you will pass through is breathtaking. If conditions are right you might also be able to scramble to the top of peaks such as Piz Buin (3312m), Silvrettahorn (3244m) or Rauher Kopf (3101m), all of which are very special and require no particular expertise in mountain climbing.
- Arrive in Klosters and spend first night in the Silvretta Parkhotel (or equivalent). There will be an opportunity to go to the ski shop to make sure you have all the required equipment.
- After an early breakfast the group will take the train to Scuol (journey time approx 45 mins) and use the lift to get as high as possible before putting on skins. After a short tour there is a lovely descent into a hidden valley before a second skin up to the Futschol Pass and skiing down into Austria and the Jamtal Hutte
- There are several options for a fabulous day’s touring before skiing down to the Wiesbadener Hutte. There is also the possibility to go to the top of the Dreilander Spitz (3197m) or Rauer Kopf before you start your descent.
- Depending on the conditions you might put on your crampons and go to the top of the Piz Buin or Silvrettahorn before heading back into Switzerland and skiing down the Silvretta Glacier to the Silvretta Hutte. This is a truly lovely hut and one of the nicest ones to stay in anywhere.
- Skin to the top of the Chammgletscher and ski down the Verstancla valley down to Sardasca, just up the valley from Klosters. A celebratory lunch on the terrace at Garfuin is to be recommended before taking the short taxi ride back to Klosters. In the evening transfer to Zurich Airport in time for your flight home.
Please note, the itinerary is completely dependent on the prevailing weather conditions and can vary at any time. Should alternative accommodation be necessitated by this then there may be a supplementary charge.
In order to take part on this ski tour you must be a competent off piste skier capable of skiing all types of snow conditions and in poor weather. The group will be touring in remote areas and should you not be of the required level then for your safety you may be required to finish the tour early; there will not be any refund for any part of the trip that you are unable to complete as a result.