SILVRETTA SKI SAFARI
Dates: Thursday 16th – Monday 20th March 2023
Price: From £1635 (based on 1 night in the Silvretta Parkhotel (or equivalent) B&B and 3 nights dormitory accommodation in mountain huts including breakfast and dinner. Does not include flights, dinner on first night, lunches or hut/hotel extras)
The Silvretta region is remote, stunning and one of the best (and most under rated) places you can tour in the Alps. The PT Ski Silvretta Safari is a 4 day ski tour into this wild and beautiful part of the Alps. The mountain huts you will stay in are lovely, in particularly the Tuoi Hutte and Silvretta Hutte and the scenery you will pass through is breathtaking. If conditions are right you might also be able to climb to the top of Piz Buin (3312m), Silvrettahorn (3244m) or Dreilander Spitz (3197m), all of which are very special and require no particular expertise in mountain climbing.
- Arrive in Klosters and spend first night in the Silvretta Parkhotel (or equivalent).
- Meet the guide in the morning a the ski shop and make sure that you have all the required equipment. Then the group will take the train to Guarda (journey time approx 30 mins) for lunch at the Hotel Meisser (not included in the price) before putting on skins and touring up to the Tuoi Hutte.
- Starting the morning skinning up underneath the southern face of the Piz Buin you will go over the border into Austria and ski down one of the routes to the Wiesbadener Hutte. There is the possibility to go to the top of the Dreilander Spitz as you go over the col into Austria.
- Depending on the conditions you might put on your crampons and go to the top of the Piz Buin or Silvrettahorn before heading back into Switzerland and skiing down the Silvretta Glacier to the Silvretta Hutte. This is a truly lovely hut and one of the nicest ones to stay in anywhere.
- Skin to the top of the Chammgletscher and ski down the Verstancla valley down to Sardasca, just up the valley from Klosters. A celebratory lunch on the terrace at Garfuin is to be recommended before taking the short taxi ride back to Klosters. In the evening transfer to Zurich Airport in time for your flight home.
Please note, the itinerary is completely dependent on the prevailing weather conditions and can vary at any time.